Wednesday, October 19, 2011

How Many Is Too Many?





I absolutely love this ad on the radio, come to find out that it is on the television as well (of course), and the singing broccoli just gets me every time.  Probably because if Aretha Franklin were a vegetable, that would probably be her diva dancing with her vegetable back up singers.  The spell checker just wanted to change 'Aretha' to Urethra.  It fascinates me at times what is spell check appropriate or accepted.  
Props to the advertising team at Jewel-Osco Enterprises, and my middle sister for sending it to me. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-9MaUhStg

As mentioned before, my parents have a fourth daughter, the horse, and we had the pleasure of watching her race on Sunday.  Unfortunately, she was claimed on the same day and my parents are now down to 3 daughters again, which I am sure they would rather have the ONE horse, then THREE sarcastic twenty something human beings. She did show though (third place), and we were very proud.  That was pretty neat, but the real treat was after the race got to witness/experience a camel race which I have never even thought was a thing.  Let me set up the scene so we can be on the same page, for those of you who are interested.  If not, thanks for reading those couple paragraphs.

Yes, the camels did have jockeys, but they were not trained professional jockeys, they were just chosen from the 'crowd' it appeared.  No, you could not bet on the camels, which I originally thought that you could, but instead they gave you a card that had a pre-determined camel on it when you initially entered the track.  Mine was Jo Ro Ain't Slo, and yes he did end of winning.  No, there was not a cash prize, but in honor of Svengoolie ---------->
being there, I won a rubber chicken key chain.  Amazing, right? Yes, they were face painting kids faces to have a Svengoolie face, and yes it was INCREDIBLY creepy.
I am still trying to figure out how many blogs posts are too many or too little, so thanks for bearing with me.  I have not really set any amount, let's say, two per month, it's when I come up with good/amazing/mind blowing things to write about.  The winter is coming, aka hibernation, so I am sure there will be plenty to go around :)








Back to the camels....they just ran a 50 yard dash. They did go into the starting gates and were released to run right down that track, and they are surprisingly speedy.  It was such an incredible sight to see I had to take a series of pictures.  Unfortunately someone did fall off their camel at the finish line and an ambulance came on the track and carried her off on a stretcher.  I suppose a camel racing hazard, who knew?  All and all I believe she was ok, and she had the honor or riding that speedy camel.  Here are some shots I snapped.

Jo Ro Ain't Slo is the one on the right.  Look at those Champion legs.



My computer's desktop background. A little insight into my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment