Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Once you pop, you just can't stop


 
Do you ever have a problem remembering what meal you requested for the wedding you RSVP'ed for a couple months ago?  Now the big day is here and you don't know what delicious meal is heading your way. I started to write on the back of the invitations what I requested this way if you want to save the invite it is not on the front, and you will be able to remember what delectable meal is in store for you. Incredibly easy and simple.

One of my absolute new favorite things that I just learned for around the
house, but for this case more around a bonfire IS.....LINT.


>The Story of my Lint: I went to my friends lake house and her mom saves the egg cartons and shoves the lint inside the egg carton for a great fire starter.  I am a fire starter!!  In our long camping trip this weekend to Sleeping Bear Dunes, we tested our new 'science project', and by golly it worked!  It really is a great idea, and now all the egg cartons are going in a special place all year long until the summer camping trips. THEN I started thinking, why not just save toilet/paper towel rolls and shove lint into there for another great fire starter. It is a great replacement for those harsh, chemical filled starter logs, and you are re-using things from around the house.  Also, a small side note, is it doesn't seem to produce the ash that newspaper or cardboard does, which is plus because no one wants to eat that.

>Another good little tid bit that is for around the house is saving the plastic bread closers when you get a loaf of bread because it is a great way to label that mess of cords you have. This way you can distinguish which one is which, and never again play the unplugging guessing game.  I have not personally done this one yet, but my amazing boss has started her cord management with this method and it has been a great success.  Hope I can spread the same success onto you!

Good night, and good luck.

2 comments:

  1. For backpacking one would prefer the toilet paper roll over the egg carton, just based on size. Personally we used vaseline petroleum jelly on cotton balls, that started a few fires for us while at Olympic National Park and fit nicely in a baggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone, start digging in your belly buttons, we need a fire!

    ReplyDelete