Sunday, June 5, 2011

Random things for around the house

I have a couple random things for around the house:

1.  First, and possibly most useful, you ever hate those pesky stickers that come on the bottom of cups, containers, anything that you can imagine. My boss shared her knowledge and showed me that all you had to do was heat it up with a blow dryer for about 30 seconds, and it peels right off.  It amazed me, and I have already used it more then once, so no longer scrap off those nasty stickers using goo gone or a razor. The answer is in this blog spot!!!!

2. I am trying to use home made cleaning products at home because when I go to the store to buy a few groceries and I tack on some cleaning products and all of a sudden my bill is way higher then I wanted it to be.  A while ago I purchased a book called the Urban Homestead, and went to it for its wisdom to help me.

For Bathroom: Half water, half white vinegar (this can also be used for cleaning floors)

For Kitchen: 1/3 of the bottle Vinegar, the rest with water but some space at the top for 1 Tablespoon of Castille Soap

I am not a huge fan of vinegar, and was only given a month before I would give up, but it's better for your pocket and probably for your health.  I also used the peppermint Castille Soup.

http://www.amazon.com/Urban-Homestead-Self-sufficient-Process-Self-reliance/dp/1934170011

3. In trying to change a light bulb that burnt out in the shower, the glass pane came right down with it and went shattering all over the bathroom floor and bath tub.  How the hell was I going to clean up all that glass?  There is nothing more frustrating then glass everywhere, so in the process here is a great help. First a vacuum and dust pan, THEN take the butt of a loaf of bread, and skim the area to get all the little shards that you could not see with the naked eye.  IT worked amazingly, consider yourself learned.

4.  Here is a really neat article about mold on food, and eating it or rather, not.

http://lifehacker.com/5808164/its-not-ok-to-eat-that-mold-goes-deeper-than-the-surface

#2 down the hatchet....I'm just going to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment