Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Potters, Plants, And Puns Are Phenomenal!



The nice weather is upon us, the sun shines bright and early in the morning, which means avocados and Oberon are in season! You have to love the midwest/midwesterners because we really know how to get out there and enjoy the weather.

I actually got this idea from the chalkboard paint CAN, although I am sure it is all over Pinterest. If you don't know about Pinterest, it is an internet site that you can find a lot of crafty things and so much more. I painted the rim of the pots to write what 'breed' of plant they are, for ALL to see.  It is such an easy easy thing to do, and a small quart of the paint goes a long way.  Obviously, if you want to have the chalk stay in tact you can't really water it with a hose, but the watering can works great. Here is the picture:

Cute, right?
AVOCADOS! Another thing that I recently discovered is how to keep an avocado fresh after you cut it open and can't really finish it all in one sitting.  My worms really love the avocado shells, so I have found myself using that as an excuse to buy more avocados, therefore needed a freshness cure.  Here is the solution to THE freshness: I usually eat only half at a time, so when you cut it is half, stick the other half on a small plate and this way it seals it air tight and your avocado will stay nice and fresh until you want eat it again.  No more Ziploc bags, plastic wrap, or container that just doesn't fit right!  I have done this for as long as 2-3 days, and it still tastes great and as green as could be.  I thought it was a great fix for that seemingly impossible cure for the non-air attacked avocado!

Right above my finger is where it was
catching and I added clear nail polish
EYE GLASSES! I am blind as a bat, and wear glasses the second that I take my contacts out because I would literally be running into walls.  One of the problems with my glasses was they were constantly getting stuck on my hair when I was putting them on and off.  I mean.....ripping my hair out and it was driving my crazy. I went to the glasses store and the incredibly nice women told me instead of replacing the sides of the glasses (price-y) to paint some clear nail polish on the part where the glasses were getting caught. So that is what I did, painted the side where the metal did quite meet up, and it worked like a charm.  My knowledge from Pearl Vision passed onto you!

Hope this finds everyone well, worm update coming soon to computer/mobile devices near you (to those interested)!

Flanagan out.

3 comments:

  1. Love the avocado trick, I never really buy them because I don't want to be wasteful. Now I can eat them again! Also if you ever need new glasses you should use zennioptical.com. This is where I buy mine. They run anywhere from $7-$150, including frames and lenses, you just need to type in your prescription. They are super nice and affordable. I think I own like 4 pairs from that site, and each one was under $20.

    ReplyDelete