Sunday, March 4, 2012

March Madness Is Upon Us

Happy March, it is almost Spring, AND we had one of the warmest winters that Illinois has recorded.  Here is the Chicago Tribune mini article/video about it.

Been doing some experimenting at the Sarah F's lab and have a few things for you all.  First being the magnetic strip I put up in the bathroom for all my bobby pins and things. This one I was really really excited about it!
I had kinda a hard time finding it because I was going to Home Depot, and Staples trying to find something that was a magnetic strip, not just a metal strip that can have magnets on it. I finally did find something at Hobby Lobby for $6.99 and it it a strip that has adhesive on the back to stick directly on the wall.  I have found with previous experience that the adhesive is not that strong and it usually has to be reinforced with some other type of glue. I used glue dots, and a little bit of hot glue to stick it directly onto the wall.  I was really hoping for something that did magnetize strongly so that I could also stick my tweezers on it, but it is too weak.  This might be the solution for the heavier things if needed.  Still excited for the bobby pins, and for them to be all in one place. WHOA!

A little while back I also bought a magnetic key/mail holder from the Container Store and mounted it right by the door.  This is what it looks like! I suppose this post should have been called, "I'm obsessed with magnetic things."  It really is great because there is a place to put the keys right when you walk in the door, and it is incredibly inexpensive.

Onto non-magnetized things, I have been swimming occasionally and have the problem of getting water in my ear and just wanting to hang out and NOT leave.  Sometimes the hoping on one foot while tilting your head so the water drains out works, but I also found another little trick if that also doesn't work.  Jump on the bed, preferably on the knees, about 3 or 4 times and then fall over to the side of ear where the water is bothering you.  The trick is to literally fall. I was throwing my head into the bed and it wasn't working so hot, but if you just fall, it seemed to come right out.  Don't hurt yourself!

Until next time. Flanagan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment