Thursday, July 21, 2011

Things that were on the tip of my brain....

Have you heard about the award the Scarecrow got?  No?  Oh yeah, he was written up in the papers, and all over the news.  He got the award for Outstanding In His Field.

I know, it's a real good one.

A few short things while I am thinking about them.

>ANTS- they are great outside and no so hot inside the house.  For most it seems to be the little ones that work their way into the house, and it seemed to be concentrated by the sliding doors.  A simple, easy, and chemically friendly solution is spraying the entire edge or baseboard of the sliding door (or whereever they are coming in) with, once again, PAM olive oil spray.  It definitely seemed to work, and when reading about this method they suggested to start spraying under the sink because for some reason or another that is where they seem to congregate.  Hope it helps, and get those cute little buggers out of your house and into their little underground worlds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqdtoRHacWw&feature=related

There also seems to be a very big increase of the amount of spiders, all shapes and sizes, in the house so if anyone knows of a reason why that might happen, I would be MORE then happy to know.  I again, think they belong outside in their wonderfully designed webs. I enjoy them very much there.


>Just a side note about the shower drain in regards to nasty hair getting sucked down in it..... After I pulled out my disgusting but kinda cool clump of stuff I bought a hair catcher that fits right inside the drain.  For some tubs, it will insert into the drain and create a bowl like shape made out of wire, and in my particular shower, the plug for the bath tub jets out above the drain, so there are also ones that are inverted and then will sit on top similar to a top hat made out of plastic.  Personally I prefer the ones that sit in the drain like a bowl, but you can't escape the drain design.

The fantastic technological computer whiz that I am just figured out how to attach a link, and now all the ones from past posts should work.  Sorry about that.

More stories to come about the things I hear from all sorts of people......stay tuned.







No comments:

Post a Comment